1. We are pleased to announce the 'Home Automation' forum. Click here to get involved!

potterton netaheat profile not staying on

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by GUYVER1, 26 Jan 2010.

1. GUYVER1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hiya All..

having a real nightmare with a 'POTTERTON NETAHEAT PROFILE 50e' The old school system boiler
    On an 8 rad system it fires up and will only stay on longest on temp marks 2-3. One rad will not fill up at all. (could the boiler be locking up due to this rad acting as a massive airlock??)The boiler will not stay on long for any other temp mark and needs resetting every other day. Heat only generates on the upstairs rads and the first rad from the boiler is always hot no matter what.
    Before i start spending could anybody give me any ideas to what the cause may be or is a combi install imminent???

Thanks and suggestions

2. twgas

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Check to see if the pump's working.

3. screech

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    why would you want a combi boiler?

is the system running dry? i.e empty header tank or a blocked cold feed. if you can't bleed the rads then i'd check that first.

4. Agile

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The Netaheat Profile is quite repairable as long as there are no holes in the casing.

The earlier Netaheats are reliable but many parts are no longer available.

As stated, a pump or feed problem seems likely. Not really the boiler's fault although a good service would be a good idea.

Tony