POTTERTON PERFORMA 24 ECO HE problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, am new to the site so hopefully posting correctly.....

I have a Potterton Performa 24 Eco HE which has been installed for 2 years.

Wouldn't switch on this morning - no lights illuminating. Checked:

Power in 240V no probs, switch fully working, timer ticks away, turn the hot water on pump starts (I think its the pump, something trys to kick in).

Taken out the PCB - no visual burns or marks. Should I buy and replace the PCB or is there something else I should check?

Any help much appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
Have rang Potterton, the tech guy mentioned the possibility of a problem with the neutral power supply.

Have checked the neutral and get a high resistance earth to neutral.

Have disconnected the feed and re-wired straight to a socket - low resistance but still no difference????

Could this have created the problem? 2 years for a PCB seems very low. :eek:

Hi Powell30,

There is no noise when the system has power.

The only time I here a noise (like a fan or pump) is if I run a hot water tap or activate the central heating - this comes from inside the boiler area. Have take off the front cover but cannot locate the noise.

When it was working you'd switch the heating on there would be a noise then you would here the gas ignite to heat the system. This first noise is what I hear.

Nige :?:

Sponsored Links
Just checked again and the fan definitely doesn't spin.

There is a transformer above the fan feeding the power to it. The fans shaft also has external fans one above and one below the transformer, these do not spin.

:?:

Is the APS the Air Pressure Switch?

I can't get to it easily but the reading shows no continuity across pins 21 & 27 of M5.

I ordered a PCB yesterday just in case. It has just arrived so put it in.

I now have power light and flame failure light on constant and burner on light flashing 1-2 secs. Couldn't find anything online so just went back and checked the switches while it was on.

Pressed the microswitch on the gas valve and the lights went out apart from the power light. Clicked reset for 5 secs then back on and all OK :D

I can now start to remove the 10 layers of clothing....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back