potterton performa 24 eco he

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with a potterton performa 24 eco he I've been though the fault finding and still can't find the problem. It is coming on, the fan is running the, air pressure switch is making, the pump is running, the pressure differential is working and triggering the micro switch but it fires for around 10 sec then stops in the 10sec the ignition is still sparking but the burner on light doesn't come on. It does this 3 time then goes to flame fault.

I've so far changed the heat sensing electrode, PCB and igniter/gas valve cable but it still not working!!

Could any one shed any light on it for me any help would be appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
might be a good idea to get someone in fella. probably something simple like incorrect ignition pressure, but needs an rgi to check it.

....and it will save you money too......just changing parts in the hope you hit on the fault it silly......call rgi in

Is the burner actually lighting then the pipes overheating?
If so it is the pressure differential thats gone.
If not it may be as simple as the HT Lead or Gas Valve but as others have said get an engineer in.
At the rate your trading parts it would be cheaper for a new boiler.

Sponsored Links
Its surprising how that can come about.

I went to a boiler with that fault. It just happened after the father had rewired the flat.

The old wiring was wrong and the father corrected it.

The installer had realised and just reversed the connections in the boiler WITHOUT putting an informative notice on the boiler!

Simple fault for me but an £84 cost for the owner.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back