Potterton Performa 24 wont fire first time.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guy's.

I'm new to this forum, but i've read loads of topics that have helped me in the past.

I have a Potterton Performa 24 gas boiler. The problem is when the boiler tries to fire, you hear the fan come on and stop. And again, and again........and so on about 10-12 times before it finally fires. This happens all the time with the central heating and the hot water.

When the heating is on the boiler will heat the rads to the required temperature and shut off as it is supposed to. It will then start up as the temp falls and again it doesn't fire first time. After a few more tries t's up and running fine again. until it tries again.

The hot water is the most annoying side affect of this. If you are in the shower and run the hot water it will initially take a while for the hot water to come through because it will not fire. Once it does the water gets hot almost instantly. BUT, if you stop the water and then start it again (even seconds later) the shower will give you the remaining hot water in the pipes then go completely cold until the boiler finally fires again.The hot water isn't such a problem when the central heating is already on. I am guessing this is due to the fact it is already fired to heat the rads?

Like I said before, once it fires it works fine. I have searched all over the internet for fix and have come across a few people suggesting a new PCB? I have recently replaced the diaphragm which had a small leak and emptied and cleaned through the central heating.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance.

:D

Sponsored Links
This is likely to be a gas related problem and we cannot give DIY gas advice on an open forum.

The obvious advice would be to call a competent registered engineer.

I fixed one of those today but that was the PCB at fault.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back