Potterton prima turned off whilst on holiday now wont start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. Looking for help in the cold weather. I've just come back from holiday. Before I went away I'd turned the boiler off on the controller but left the power on so that the frost thermostat could kick in if the temp got to cold. I'm back and now the boiler won't start. The trip switch is ok, but it does sound like a pump is running but i've turned everything off and still it sounds like somethings running. Help please, I haven't had a shower in 3 days as my flight was delayed! James

Sponsored Links
Do you have gas at cooker?

Anyone turned off gas at meter?

Boiler locked out?

Tony

And surely you have a working immersion heater in your cylinder for exactly situations like this?

Hi Agile, no immersion heater. How does the burner lockout? I have gas at the cooker yes. James

Sponsored Links
Hi gasservice1985, Frost star/pipe stat whats that and how do I fix it?

If u have a frost stat and no pipe stat the boiler will fire when cold enough. But I've nothing to tell it to turn off.
Depending on your system this may leave the boiler firing with nowher to send its heat. Or boiler firing with no pump running.
Your model has a over heat reset button on the bottom. with out being there and inspecting your system based on the info provided my educated guess is that u need to push the over heat reset.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back