Potterton Prima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Problem with a potterton Prima, probably about 12 years old.

When the boiler is supposed to start, it has only a 25% chance of doing so. Usually the pilot comes on, and the fan, but it doesn't heat up. Our maintenance chap has changed a solenoid, but the starting is still intermittent. He's puzzled. On the odd occasion when it does start, it's fine. We've had this problem about 6 months now.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
if you look through the sight glass do you see the pilot?

if you do can you see a spark going through it?

if so you need a new board.

is the prima as bad as the SUprima, guys :?: cuz I`ve got one here @ home :cry:

No Prima is really just a negative pressure Profile - in my expecrience a good reliable boiler. I think a few had flue corrosion problems though.

Sponsored Links
Totally in concurrance (what a big word for so late at night) with guru

one of the best boilers ever, easy to work on, a joy to service and hardly ever breaks down

now wonder poxi stopped making it, no parts sales no filthy lucre ;)

raden said:
get reconditioned one - much cheaper

And also far more dangerous dont do it as you will be modifying the appliance as you dont know what the person who recondition it has done to it i.e linked out vital safety features

if your corgi registered you should know better Raden :mad:

gazthepottertonengineer said:
raden said:
get reconditioned one - much cheaper

And also far more dangerous dont do it as you will be modifying the appliance as you dont know what the person who recondition it has done to it i.e linked out vital safety features

if your corgi registered you should know better Raden :mad:

LMAO

batten down the hatches and evacuate the wimmin and kiddies, Raden is going to bloooooowwww

Gaz he is one of them that reconditions your boards

And he also has a unique selling pitch, he insults all potential clients who may disagree with him

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I know :D

Just dont think they realise the dangers in modifying an appliance :eek:

They think they know better than the makers of these boards ie Siemens honeywell etc who spend millions making them safe then they go and stick inferior capacitors resistors etc on the boards and hope (because they dont properly test every one) that all is going to be well :mad:

Does my head in :mad:

and they go on about Potterton making inferior products for profit what are they doing it for love :mad:

gazthepottertonengineer said:
I know :D

Just dont think they realise the dangers in modifying an appliance :eek:

They think they know better than the makers of these boards ie Siemens honeywell etc who spend millions making them safe then they go and stick inferior capacitors resistors etc on the boards and hope (because they dont properly test every one) that all is going to be well :mad:

Does my head in :mad:

and they go on about Potterton making inferior products for profit what are they doing it for love :mad:

Sure as hell not for reliability gaz.

When will you lot that chuck the cans together realise the RGI's are demanding, crying out for a reliable boiler.

Ok so the potty cans are on a par with most of the other manufacturers, Complete rubbish can't say C**p because it censors it :LOL:

I have a Prima 60F that isn't firing up. The PCB and APS have been changed with some old ones (that I think were changed unnecessarily) but the fault is still there (the same fault so a double check the changed parts were ok....). The small fan outside of the main housing is turning ok and has no tight spots but the 'solenoid' looking part by it and the motor body on the end are getting very hot. Would you think that the fan is faulty or is this heat the norm? Thanks

cancel my advice, you have a different problem to the OP. As others have said get someone out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back