Potterton profile 50e Boiler Flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I had an extension done last year, as a result the boiler had been moved to the newly extended wall 3 meters away.
The issue is that the flue is not fully out on the new wall (as it was before).

The plumber who installed it said that its an old boiler and a replacement longer flue would be hard to source for this model. So he left it like that (sealed around it) and the boiler has been running fine for DHW/ CH for a year.

The building control lady who came to check before handing out the completion certificate has pointed this out and wants me to sort it now.

My question is, can I get a longer flue for this model and can they be cut to size according to the width of the wall?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Not sure if the extensions are still available. I I am surprised the planning lady allowed the boiler to be relocated outside the original footprint of the building.

As I remember it, you should have had a new boiler fitted.

The house is mid terrace and the extension was for the full rear garden wall, so there was no other choice.
With a year or 2, a new combi is going in its place. An FSU and extra pipework for mains cold/ DHW for combi is already in place to accomodate the combi.

If it is outside the original footprint then it is irrelevant.

As I remember the rule anyway. Happy to be corrected.

Would never bother to relocate a profile.

Total waste of money especially it a new one was going in in the near future.

Sponsored Links
I do feel annoyed when people advertise parts which need to be installed by qualified people without pointing this out to bidders!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back