potterton profile 50e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my boiler wont come on ,the pump runs but i cant hear the fan running,been
through the check list in the handbook got 240 @swl and n, got 240 @t6 & t2 on the ecu, next step i need to do is test the fan how can i do this ?.

Sponsored Links
you need a RGI because the fan is within the sealed casing.

Don't remove the case, this is a positive pressure boiler.

The fan supply is the 2 red wires coming off the PCB, far right as you lock at it. If you have power here it suggests a faulty fan. If not look at the air pressure switch before assuming the PCB.

Hope this helps

i have checked and i have 240v between the two red terminals, i have the gas of and i have the fan out , on the fan terminals what should i test for continuity or will there be some resistance reading.

Sponsored Links
i've now got the fan working, replaced it and the boiler cover but it still wont fire up,checked the pressure switch and if i blow gently into the red flexi pipe the boiler ignites ok, i cant feel any air coming out of the two flexi pipes, should i be able to

You wont get any help on here this boiler is positive pressure boiler you should get an rgi to work on it.

i have checked and i have 240v between the two red terminals, i have the gas of and i have the fan out , on the fan terminals what should i test for continuity or will there be some resistance reading.

You were told not to open the sealing case,but you did so trying to be polite does not work, this can be a dangerous boiler get an RGI in

ok lightning point taken but i already had the case and fan out before i got your warning. i know it maybe against your rules but could you give me some indication what you think is wrong ,its been working fine now but only if i leave the clear bottom pipe with the restrictor disconnected from the
pressure switch.

This exactly the reason my advise stopped. Get an RGI

The APS is effectively a safety device with your boiler.

No doubt you think we are just trying to cause you a problem..... quite the opposite.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back