Potterton Promax 15 he

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for help. Boiler has stopped working. It clicks when you call for Heating/Hotwater but that's it no fan or anything. Reset switch gets same result. Before paying expense call out for an engineer I am looking for any pointers.
Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
It sounds like a /combustion issue which are not suitable for DIY repairs.

Just possibly it might be PCB fault as these seem a little delicate but an expensive part to replace if you are not sure.

Better to let an RGI take the responsibility.

Tony

Thanks for your reply. Both were changed by Scottish Gas last year. Just hoped I may be able to try a few things before calling them.

Cheers

OP, look at the lights and then match light combination to installation manual. That will tell you what is wrong.

As has been said, boiler repair not possible by end user. Some in the trade cannot repair boilers let alone someone coming here for ideas. Lights will tell you what the issue is. Repairer then can be monitored to repair the problem. Do not be hung up on the PCB. I do this work every day, PCB replacements are not that common I can assure you.

Someone who is not sure, WILL go for the PCB. ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reply I've have read else where about checking for lights and bar pressure etc problem is my model has no lights or gauges.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back