Potterton promax store 115i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my potterton promax HE115i won't fire up, just stopped yesterday, I've checked the house gas and the hob is working fine, I've turned the house thermostat to max and the programmer setting on the boiler are correct, the pressure is fine, there are no error codes but it won't fire up, I reset and it tries for 4-5 seconds but then goes out just stops?
The display lights are not lit, the pilot light won't light? The display is showing a temperature of 32, when you move the temperature setting dial for the heating on the boiler the temperature changes on the display but then drops back down to 32?
Last month we paid £300 for the expansion vessel and prv to be replaced, it was serviced and got a full bill of health?
Help please

Sponsored Links
I tried to read your post once, but still need some more information, ie, is hot water still working etc.

It is a complicated boiler, not massive produced and installed. Get a local boiler repair man out first is my suggestion.

We still seam to have hot water after 48 hours of no heating, but are using it sparingly and it is a water store boiler, can't get hold of our boiler guy :-/ he's been in hospital recently, and in the mean time just wanted know if I'd missed doing something obvious?

Sponsored Links
48 hours in and your water should have cooled off significantly by now, it sounds like it may be working for hot water.

run the hot tap for 5 or 10 min and see if it fires up to reheat, if so that will rule out alot of stuff, you have nothing to loose as if its not working your hot water will be gone just shortly anyway.

your heating thermostat and timer controls, are any of them wireless? picture of them if possible?

Hi thank you just done that and boiler fired up quickly and now reheating the storage but central heating still won't kick in
Photos of thermostats, and boiler controls ( first time we've seen the pilot light lit for 48 hours)
I have seen elsewhere it could be a condensation issue?
Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 359
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 665
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 516
The picture you have of the front of the boiler with the "pilot" light and the tap light on, when you have the heating set on and thermostat up, is the radiator light lighting up?

Hi sorry for late reply , no the radiator light is not lighting up and once the water 'store' had heated up everything went off again

Hard to say but sounds like possibly a wiring fault with the controls.

The moment you turn heating on the radiator light should come on, from there if there is a fault then the boiler would cause problems but the fact the rad light is not comming on is an indicator that it is not getting a signal to swtich on.

What you do now depends on how comfortable you are doing electrical work and if you have a multi meter to do checks, if not you'll need to get a heating eng out to look at it.

One last thing. Turn the hot water off at the clock and see if the heating comes on - doubt it will but worth a shot

Turned out to be a faulty thermostat, replaced today £125 lighter, thank you for all your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back