Potterton puma 80 - low pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need help!! - heating goes on and the pressure goes to 3bar and sometimes blows out of relief valve, when its turned off it drips from relief valve until all pressure is lost and low pressure light comes on.

Have replaced relief valve and its still happening! - any ideas?

Andy

Sponsored Links
i'm sure it is, I have to manually fill the boiler by a filling loop when I loose all the pressure.....

Disconnect it from the boiler end only, and see if it is letting by water even tho it is turned off.
If it is you have found your problem.
If not it could be your evpansion vessel needs attention :D

Sponsored Links
ok but its only happening when the heating is on, if the boiler is on standby the pressure stays the same....?

The expansion vessel needs recharging/replacing. If this is not at the correct pressure then the water pressure rises - as BAHCO says.

Thanks for info. Is recharging the expansion vessel something I can do myself?

To all who replied, thanks a million for the advise you all gave. It was the EV, got a bike pump to it and put in 1 bar and it seems ok at the moment, even if it slowly looses pressure I know I need to change the EV to rectify.

Thanks again!

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back