Potterton Puma 80, no hot water or CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

When I turn on the hot tap there's a red light on the modulator board. I followed the diagnostic flowchart which says either change the DHW flow switch or the frost thermostat. I changed both but it's still the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Does your boiler have a permanent pilot light and if it does is it alight ?

No it's not a permanent pilot. When I open the tap, the fan goes on, a relay clicks but the pilot doesn't light then after a couple of seconds the red light comes on the board.

The red light is probably the dhw flow switch showing demand for hot water, have you checked you have enough water pressure and the gas is turned on ?

Sponsored Links
The water pressure has been dropping regularly over the last few months but I have been opening the tap underneath the boiler to top it up. I presume the gas is on - it certainly was when it stopped working. I'll check tonight. Thanks for your help!

No it's not a permanent pilot. When I open the tap, the fan goes on, a relay clicks but the pilot doesn't light then after a couple of seconds the red light comes on the board.

That boiler model does not have a pilot and just lights the burner directly.

At least when its working properly!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back