Potterton puma 80e (again)

P

paulmoly

guy's,
can anyone help with my earlier post re my boiler not producing any water to the taps,CH works ok until you open a tap then the boiler gets very noisy but does eventually shut down.
Do you think the heat exchanger is blocked or would you look for something else first?
sorry to post again but I am looking for some inspiration or if that fails a big hammer!!!
thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
mick,
I have plenty of water to the boiler, I just don't get any water leaving it,
at best there is a trickle of water from the tap then it slows to nothing.
thanks,
Paul. :confused:

Assuming the checks in the other thread proved good there must be a blockage or the wax capsule is not working.

Sponsored Links
i would be looking at dhw flow limiter assembly located rear lower left on dhw outlet pipe
it contains a wax capsule as hot water heats, it opens to allow more flow

Potterton Part No. 929670 No may have changed

or

check filter and flow limiter located in cold water inlet valve

thanks for the advice, I will try the flow limiter,as I have already checked the scalemaster and inlet valve filter and they were as clean as a whistle.
can you just change the wax capsule or is it more sensible to change the whole flow limiter?
Thanks again.
Paul.

don't think you can get spare wax capsule
I change the complete flow limiter assembly

The only way to test your boiler is to disconnect the pipework at various points and connect to a drain and see what flow rate is achieved.

No point in blindly replacing parts.

I think that you can remove the internal wax element in the hot water flow restrictor to test. I have never seen one fail yet.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back