Potterton Puma 80e:- intermittent hot water supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Posting this again as I got no replies last time...We have one of these boilers and recently it is is unable to heat a consistent supply of hotwater to taps and shower. The Central Heating is working OK but if I try to have a shower it will run hot intially, using what water it has already heated, and then go cold for 30secs whilst it heats some more and so on. The water pressure from taps appears to be OK. This fault occured after we had the boiler corgi inspection and I am unable to get in touch with the engineer....

Can anyone please reply with any ideas on something I could try to fix. Even if it is just to say what may have gone wrong

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Probably, in about this order,
Waxstat/diverter valve, gas rate, scale (hard water area?) sludge (boiler side), HW temp sensor, pcb.

yes thanks, corgi engineer came in to day and reckons the water valve needs replacement

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back