Potterton Suprima 30- problems locking out constantly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I've just had a new PCB fitted and now when the demand is on for either the hot water or heating (or both) the boiler will fire up and get warm, it usually takes about 30 minutes, and then it will cut out- the green light will flash constantly-before the red light comes on, the boiler will temporarily knock off, and then reignite if the demand is on. The boiler will then work for approx 4 minutes, before the green light starts to flash again, then the red light will come on, then it will reignite and come on again for 4 minutes and so on.

I have also noticed that I can hear fast flowing water in/around the boiler and before all the problems with the PCB I never heard water before, or had the cut out problem.

I've had a BG engineer out to investigate who says there's nothing wrong and its normal to go on and off so frequently, but I'm not convinced? :(

Sponsored Links
flashing orange and green is air proving and ignition

the new pcb differs from the old 1.1 led insted of 2

the boiler will lockout now whenever the temp of the overheat stat is reached.

the requirements for a bypass must be met

3port valve "y plan" no bypass req

2 2ports "s plan" 4 m of 22mm pipe

Full trv system - 2m of 22mm pipe

thermistor fault-red every 5 secs
wiring harness-red/orange 3 times a sec
false flame-red orange every 5 sec
aps-red 3 times a sec
pcb-solid red
ignition/lockout-flashing red every second

(My LuCky NuMbers)

Sponsored Links
But, just like British Gas, dont expect the PCB to get it right every time!

......I've had a BG engineer out to investigate who says there's nothing wrong and its normal to go on and off so frequently, but I'm not convinced? :(

Has it always done this? If not, then it is clearly not normal.

If it is a real lock-out as opposed to temperature satisfaction, that in itself is also proof it is not normal as a lock-out is safety system that engages when conditions go beyond normal.

As advised above: get them back and keep getting them back until the system performs correctly. You paid to get your boiler fully fixed, not for someone to run some experiments.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back