Potterton Suprima 30L - 100L, Boilermate 2 - Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Potterton Suprima boiler pump runs on for hours; I hope a new Boilermate 2 Delay Timer PCB next week will sort that out.

It has been suggested might also/have a faulty Boilermate thermostat - does anyone know if it is of a capillary or rod type?

Also noted at last visit, the boiler runs at a high modulation rate (if that is what you call it). The boiler goes thro the squence of starting and running only to shut down a minute or so later. This is then all repeated a minute or so later, any ideas?

thanks

overthetop
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The Suprima should be set to maximum on the thermostat, it has to keep your Boilermate up to temperature, that's its only job in life.

The pump will run on if the Boilermate struggling to reach temperature, the thermostat is in a pocket, fairly straight forward to swap but of course safe working practice has to be followed. Most connections in the Boilermate are 240v.

You need to check what temperature your Boilermate has reached, if its pretty low then I would be looking at the boilers thermostat, gas pressures or a blockage in the flow and returns to the boiler. (If its the boiler then only a reg Gas operative can work on it :))

A delay timer generally does fail into running the pump, they normally die a death buzzing their little heart out as the relay becomes jammed.

thanks for your comments.

I am not planning to go into the Potterton Suprima boiler.
I do know it had a new heat exchanger and PCB fitted 2years ago.

The system had a new ball valve to exp/makeup header tank on the Boilermate and a new mixer valve to its plumbing fitted at the same time.
I have since added anti-corrosion fluid and a dose of leak sealer. I intend fitting a lid to the header tank to reduce evaporation.

I have recently tried both boiler and tank stats in a number of positions – no effect what so ever on this run-on issue. They were left at the recommended positions. I have switched off the whole system for when I return. HW is currently provided by the immersion heater.

The pump/boiler run-on is enough to keep the most noise-sensitive person in the house awake at night so I have to sort out this run-on problem.
In addition, I am considering put a time clock in the live wire going to the tank stat disabling it for few hours each night.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back