potterton suprima 50 not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I have a potterton suprima 50 (I know please dont say it) it was here when I moved in.
It has stopped igniting, I have tried a new PCB with no effect.
It is drawing gas, the fan is running, and its trying to ignite (but no spark)
I have put a test meter on the wires going to the spark ignitor and have power when its supposed have.
Now the other side of the spark ignitor you have the wire going to the electrode.
If I put my multi meter on the electrode wire and the other to earth I get a zero reading.
Have I tested this correctly and would you agree it needs a new spark ignitor.
Any help much appreciated

Andy

Sponsored Links
Should have called out someone who knows what their doing......was the board new or reconned?

Hi All
I have a potterton suprima 50 (I know please dont say it) it was here when I moved in.
It has stopped igniting, I have tried a new PCB with no effect.
It is drawing gas, the fan is running, and its trying to ignite (but no spark)
I have put a test meter on the wires going to the spark ignitor and have power when its supposed have.
Now the other side of the spark ignitor you have the wire going to the electrode.
If I put my multi meter on the electrode wire and the other to earth I get a zero reading.
Have I tested this correctly and would you agree it needs a new spark ignitor.
Any help much appreciated

Andy

are you sure it's not a suprima 50 he?

Remove the electrode wire from the electrode, and then check for continuity from the tip of the electrode to the bottom of it ( where the cable usually sits).

Sponsored Links
Sorry folks yes its the 50HE
And yes the PCB is a brand new genuine part.

Thanks for that fanboy.
The coninuity is fine when tested end to end

Andy

Hi Newcastle

The spare new PCB belongs to me anyway, I have heard these suprima's are ***** and got one at a good price just in case.

Cheers for the tip.

Andy

that standard L had some trouble with the pcbs but the new HE is a complete re design. Its a good boiler

is it ****! its far worse than the original which only had issues due to the manufacturers use of cheapo boards, nothing else ever goes wrong with them. the HE is a turd.

that standard L had some trouble with the pcbs but the new HE is a complete re design. Its a good boiler

is it ****! its far worse than the original which only had issues due to the manufacturers use of cheapo boards, nothing else ever goes wrong with them. the HE is a turd.
fitted over 70 to date mate and had 3 that i have had a call back to.

fitted over 70 to date mate and had 3 that i have had a call back to.

think ive seen ten and they have all been very poor for reliability.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back