Potterton Suprima 50 Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had the usual issues of the boiler tripping out with numerous resets and then one day a loud noise form the fan (I think) and no more heating or hot water. :(

I have replaced the PCB, Thermostat, Heat Sensor, Electrode and the Electrode Lead. I have followed the firing instrcutions in the operating guide and reaching the conclusion that the Fan is not working.

Power is sent to the Fan at the appropriate moment in the firing process. I have disconnected the fan and checked applying power directly and no action. :idea:

One other question I have is is the PCB 'inteligent' to stop the boiler from lighting up if the fan is not working as there is no spark at the electrode :?:

Thanks for any feedback

Sponsored Links
That is correct the boiler will not try to fire if the fan is faulty sounds like you need to replace the fan but you will need a corgi registared fitted for this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back