Potterton Suprima 60 lock out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Suprima 60 which is locking out after a a few hours, at which point the red light flashes and it makes a clicking noise..
I can reset it if I first switch it off at the mains, but when it starts up again there is an intermittent buzzing sounds which eventually stops.
I suspect I cant fix it myself but would appreciate a diagnosis before I ask for help.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have a Suprima 60 which is locking out after a a few hours, at which point the red light flashes and it makes a clicking noise..
I can reset it if I first switch it off at the mains, but when it starts up again there is an intermittent buzzing sounds which eventually stops.
I suspect I cant fix it myself but would appreciate a diagnosis before I ask for help.

Many Thanks

It's funny. I wouldn't ask a car mechanic about my blowing exhaust wanting to know what it was, then decide whether I can do it on the cheap or not.

Many Thanks

It's funny. I wouldn't ask a car mechanic about my blowing exhaust wanting to know what it was, then decide whether I can do it on the cheap or not.

Your attempt at simile is way off the mark. perhaps if you had been ripped off by unscrupulous tradesmen you might ask the same question.

Sponsored Links
What you asking for then? I could tell you the fault if I asked certain questions. None of which you will be able to answer.

It's fooked! What more do you need?

You say you expect a diagnosis before asking for help? It seems to me you have done the opposite.

And maybe ****ed a few people off as well ;)

Many Thanks

Has your soot problem been cleared up?

Many Thanks

The inference is that there are two lights, so you are talking about a pcb, not the replacement module. While there are other possibilities, thye overriding likelyhood is that it is the pcb (407750 or 5102160). Whilest bad soldering is responsible for many problems with these boards, it's likely to be another pcb fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back