Potterton suprima 60 - problems again!! - need advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a potterton suprina 60, 4 years ago had pcb replaced. Recently had fan lubricated as it kept sticking. Now on somedays not all the time, the radiators do not seem to get hot, and the unit keeps firing up and then turning off and repeating. I then turn the thermostat on and off to try and fire up. After about two hours the radiators then get hot. But the house never really gets above 20 degrees ( i know it has been very cold). Not sure if thermostat is broken ( it does click and unit does fire up) or if fan not working correctly, or something else. Any advice would be grateful - should i get it under contract or just replace it before it costs me any more? HELP!!

Sponsored Links
Check the Temeperature of the boiler Flow & Return with an electronic thermometer you should be obtaining around 75'c on the flow and return water should be around 65'c =/- say 5'c, if you are not otaining flow temp the Thermistor on the boiler could be at fault, if you are getting a large differential between flow & return suspect circulation fault i.e. pump ;)

This model is quite sensitive to the water flow through it.

Its quite possible the problem will turn out to be the pump at fault. See what speed number its set on and increase to three and see what effect that has.

The thermistor is inside the combustion chamber which should not be opened by a DIYer. I would doubt its your fault anyway.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hey thanks for the information, but i need simple instructions ie , where i find the certain items you are talking about. I am right in thinking the pump is near the tank and is do you recommend a professional to look at the flow and return! thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back