Potterton Suprima lock out problem - overheat stat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Hope someone can help!

Power was switched off to the boiler today and at switch on, it wouldn't re-ignite. Pressing the reset button resulted in unsuccessful tries then then 'lock out'. I read in the literature that switching off the power could result in the overheat stat operating - so I'm guessing that it might be this. Is there an easy way to re-set it? Can this be done by a sparks or does it need to be gas safe?
The boiler was pretty cold when I tried to restart as it had been off all day
Thanks

SB

Sponsored Links
New circuit board......

Poxi Batterton electronics again. Did you do an insulation resistance test?

I'm assuming you are a sparks? If the polarity was reversed to the boiler you would get precisely the problem you describe......

Sponsored Links
Thanks Simon

BTW I should have mentioned it's not my boiler!

Do you mean IR test on boiler??? No. But I IR tested the circuit with the boiler isolated.

Customer moved in just before Christmas and # mentioned that they had had to reset it once or twice.

Is there a way to check the overheat thermostat first, before getting PCB replaced? I gather they ain't cheap...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back