Power flushing procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Gas Engineers,

I'm thinking about hiring a power flushing machine to clean up my system. Can you advise which power flushing equipment I should hire and also advise on the best procedure to use it?
Thank you kindly,

PS If you don't want to advise me that's fine, then better that you dont post rather than take the thread off topic.

PPS Only people who want to give genuine advice should reply

Sponsored Links
magnacleanse, its a bigger version of the tf1 but made by magnaclean. or you could fit 2x28mm magnaclean filters as well as your tf1. outside the box comes to mind(y)

Sponsored Links
I know that plumbers are all thick and left school at 16 because they were not clever enough to go to uni.

But even so don't you think that when they have been on a power flushing course, done many flushes in the course of their work, then they are going to have a much better idea than a DIYer, even one with a degree in English Literature?

There is no single way to do it. What is done and which chemicals need to be used depends on the system, the layout and the cause of the dirt in it.

Tony

I know that plumbers are all thick and left school at 16 because they were not clever enough to go to uni.

But even so don't you think that when they have been on a power flushing course, done many flushes in the course of their work, then they are going to have a much better idea than a DIYer, even one with a degree in English Literature?

There is no single way to do it. What is done and which chemicals need to be used depends on the system, the layout and the cause of the dirt in it.

Tony
Unfortunately I cant afford a decent plumber.... welcome to Capitalism modern day Britain! It's a 7 rad system over 3 storeys. 22mm piping running through the spine of the house breaking off into 15mm piping at each level.

Pay cheap, get cheap.
ok here's a couple for the labour voting, minimum wage lot amongst us (and there are many). Your quotation I'm afraid is only relevant for the middle classes and tory voting toffs

'cant pay expensive, so no other option but to pay cheap'
'let them have cake'

So all you know is that it has some dirt in it.

Why don't you give it a simple chemical clean, which will only cost you about £17? Afterwards, your filter will continue collecting loosened dirt for some months, and you can watch as the amount reduces.

It is likely to do quite a bit of good, and make you feel better. You have not mentioned any blockages, or cold patches on your radiators, or kettling.

So all you know is that it has some dirt in it.

Why don't you give it a simple chemical clean, which will only cost you about £17? Afterwards, your filter will continue collecting loosened dirt for some months, and you can watch as the amount reduces.

It is likely to do quite a bit of good, and make you feel better. You have not mentioned any blockages, or cold patches on your radiators, or kettling.
yes that is true... and actually I have already done a chemical flush (a few weeks ago). I was (perhaps naively) expecting that after the chem flush I'd have crystal clear water. So I should expect the filter to collect dirt for a few months??

yes.

It will dwindle away. You can double the time between cleans as long as the dirt keeps reducing. Eventually once a year will do. Sentinel make a keep-in chemical now for use with filters, X900, it keeps the particles in suspension so they can be trapped, it is not drained out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back