Power Flushing

B

Bodd

Hello All

I have a customer that needs a power flush. Problem is he has a septic tank. Its a big system so lots of chemical.

How can I get rid of the chemical in a safe manner. Or how can I go about it in a diffrent way?

Bodd

Sponsored Links
I suppose you could store the waste water and nuturlise it, so it has the correct PH etc?

Use a less reactive checmical x800?

Not something i have come across.

I suppose you could store the waste water and nuturlise it, so it has the correct PH etc?

Use a less reactive checmical x800?

Not something i have come across.

Apparantly even fresh water would upset the PH factor on a septic. Would like to leave well alone> But been a customer for some tme.

Thanks Sting

Use Fernox DS-40 and then the Neutraliser before you drain it, IIRC the neutraliser makes it safe enough to drain onto the ground, thereby avoiding the septic tank issue

Sponsored Links
Use Fernox DS-40 and then the Neutraliser before you drain it, IIRC the neutraliser makes it safe enough to drain onto the ground, thereby avoiding the septic tank issue

Thank Muggle I'll look into that

Most products are biodegradable, so should be no problem. Ask the manufacturer if you want to be sure

we had to get a bowser in once to ferry the waste water away on one like this :)

Citric acid ( DS40 ) is relatively harmless and can be tipped to drain in the garden. More relevant is the copper salts it produces when it dissolves the sludge.

Those copper salts will kill the bacteria in the septic tank.

However, if you dont add too much acid there is very little left to be tipped into the garden but just not near fancy plants.

Tony

He has a large gravel drive if I used a lot of netraulise and spread the waiste about drive?

Or do I just mains flush it? I'm putting new valves on rads and a magnaclean on so I could do that and use the hammer drill attachment. To create a little havoc.

????????????

Just some feed back on what I did in the end.

It was a damed if I did and damd if I did'nt.

I powerflushed without using a chemical. Never really circulated much. I just dumped and pelted the rads with hammer drill on chisel with attachment.

Cleaned pump out manually and changed valves wear nesserary, and installed a Magnaclean

Great result apart from 2 rads out of 20. Better by 50%. The two not getting hot need addressing.

But over all every one is happy. Customer could be happier with the Bill but can't have it all.

Thanks all for advice

Bod

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back