power shower installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will be installing a power shower and have been told that I will need to fit non return valves into the hot and cold lines and also a Surrey flange into the hot water pipe immediately above the cylinder. Are all these necessary and if so will you give me detailed instructions on the fitting of the Surrey flange

Sponsored Links
Yes, the non returns are necessary but you may as well go for double stop valves and if you don't take first call from the hot water cylinder (via the surrey flange) you will get fluctuating shower temperature when hot water is run at the same time elsewhere in the house. Buy the flange, look at the installation and the instructions and its obvious.

Sponsored Links
Warix and Essex flanges are better than surrey ones. They do the same job but better. Have a look at BES for pics and prices.
bathjobby said:
...go for double stop valves
Eh? What are they?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back