PP/BR Requirements for internal wall move - Garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Slightly cryptic subject line for which I apologise!

Basically, I have an internal garage which backs on to a small reception room. I'm looking to 'steal' approx. 1.5m from my garage by moving the internal stud partition wall. The wall is non load-bearing.

From reading other threads on the forum, it appears that since this work may require PP since I'd be affecting the parking - can somebody confirm that this would be the case?

Also, I'm sure it goes without saying that BR would need to be followed for the new wall, both for fire resistance and thermal/insulation?

Had two builders around for quotes and neither mentioned BR or PP so just wanted to be informed before moving forward.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Your appetite for doing everything by the book may differ from that held by the builders you've so far engaged..

In your shoes I'd not bother the planning department but I'd be ensuring the building was regulations compliant when works were completed. This is primarily for the benefit of occupant's health and wealth

You wouldn't necessarily need p.p. to move the wall - it depends on whether or not the LPA put a condition on the original planning pemission to maintain the space as a garage: check with your council, particularly if it's a new(ish) house.

You would of course need B/R for the fire- and thermal resistance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back