Pre-Completion Sound Test

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am looking for advise and/or information on these pre-completion sound tests. I need one for a barn conversion I am doing which has a shared wall (bathroom one side and bedroom the other). Has anyone had one done? What exactly happens? How quiet does it need to be whilst the test is being done? Does the bedroom need to be empty during testing?

My situation is complicated by the fact that there are 18 houses being built right next to my property and I can't imagine the builders stopping work for me to have a sound test done. Any ideas on how to overcome that hurdle?

Thank you in advance!

Sponsored Links
No need for sarcasm, I've converted plenty of warehouses to flats, never had to do sound testing. Anyway just let your tester worry about it.

Sponsored Links
Ambient noise from the property or external is irrelevant. The rooms need to be empty and must be in a finished state but not carpeted. My concern in your case is that adjoining rooms must be a minimum size and a bathroom will not be big enough. If that is the only adjoining room I doubt carrying out a meaningful test is feasible. In that case the inspector should check the wall and floor construction against approved details.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back