premier elite 24 area setup

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just swapped my veritas 8 to a premier elite 24..

I have area B configured as the garage and area a as the house..

Is there anyway to effectively make them ignore each other.. Ie not say part armed when the garage is set?

Its just its going to confuse the hell out of the cleaner and the other half..

I thought by assigning the 3 key pads to zone A and the 4th to Area B they may just behave like that by default..

Do I need to read up on area arm suites?

Also When I am trying to leave and set the alarm, it says failed to set as when I leave i trigger a PIR that is confured as guard access... I have set the arming mode to timed exit though...

Thanks in advance

David

Sponsored Links
Yes you should b able to configure the system so the individual areas act as entirely independant alarm systems.

Do I take take it you've got three keypads in the house, and a fourth in the garage?

Have you adressed the keypads properly?

Are you programming the system via the keypad or using wintex on a laptop?

Yeah, 3 keypads in the house (area a) and 1 in the garage.

3 SAB's, 1x 8xe for the garage, 1x 8x internal (code escapes me due to beer) all adressing fine for expanders and keypads, and they are all working fine.

Programming via wintex.

Thanks

You can set the keypads to local information only.

Global, Configuration options, 36 local keypad information, it should only display the areas associated with that keypad.

Setting the alarms as separate areas A or B, you need the USER selected for local arming and local disarming.

Sponsored Links
Thanks,

Any ideas with the final exit failing due to me triggering the PIR in either an ommited area, or one that is in Guard Access?

thanks option 36 and local arming for those users has tidied that up..

the armin issue seems to be fixed from changing to chime 1 to 2 or 3??

David

I need to know why it's resolved!

I need to know I've fixed it, not that is a coincidence, don't fit them for a living, but done a few, and since vowed to always do the premier elite range from here on in!!

And its still bugging me as to what it is!

But thanks to everyone for the help so far :)

David

I agree with sparkymarka regarding the chime.

without knowing the original configuration and what was subsequently sent to panel i would be second guessing.

However if a user has access to both areas and a keypad is set to one area, both areas areas are armed, the one assigned to the keypad by the arming mode and the other instantly. Local arming and disarming would stop that issue.

As I dont know how the system was setup before and after the send I cant say for certain what the cause may have been.

I can look at your profile now to see if i can see any issues, but if its working properly and your happy then leave it be. May be able to work it out seeing the log before and after the updates and the profile of the final update performed but cant guateentee it.

That I would suggest privately but still dont think it will shed any more light why you think the chime ressolved your issue with out the real before and after profiles of the panel.

Hoover have you had any premiers with ricochet eating batteries every 6 months or so ?

I have had a device where a battery has lasted 18 months, then the replacement only lasted about 2 months. When I inspected the device after the quick demise there were signs of moisture on the pcb, so put it down to that.

The device appeared to have generated a fault, this device was in a damp shed, I have replaced the device and time will tell.

Have you asked Texecom about this? I am sure that they would want to know if batteries are running down quickly, always quote the devices barcode in your correspondence.

A long while back(over 12-18 months ago) I know there appeared to be an issue with some contacts where the battery life was very short, but believe this was sorted way back when, cant remember the exact details or dates mind.

All 7 devices doing same spoke to tech everything is as it should be , have others with no issues at all ! This has been in 18 months and it's a mix of 1 contact and 6 pirs ...

Okay sparkymarka, that takes in to the time frame I was thinking of but don't remember anything being said about all devices.

This is an 8XP-W ?

Have you swapped out the 8XP-W, all the devices on the same expander, all running out of battery quickly I would guess its an expander problem.

What Version firmware is the expander, they did send a notice out on some people having problems with 8XP-W and they swapped them out, but that was a different issue, if you check the bulletins versions should now be after 2.0.13 or something like that.

If you haven't swapped the expander out, I would swap it out especially if its pre bulletin version, then take it up with Texecom if it resolves your issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back