Pressure gauge for boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 10 year old Vaillant boiler which is in the garage. When it was fitted unfortunately the filling loop is in the house upstairs near the hot water tank. We have a small pressure drop which builds up over time and I have had to keep topping up the pressure every month - nothing major but over time it has probably diluted the protector and introduced more oxygen. I will tackle this over the next few weeks properly, but it raises a problem with the filling loop, as I keep having to pop into the garage to check pressure each time I top up through the filling loop. This has taken a few trips or a 2 man job with a walkie talkie - kids love it.

I could tap off the cold feed nearer the boiler and fit a new filler loop, or more ideally is it possible to get a filler loop with a built in pressure gauge so I could replace the one that is already installed.

Obviously I would disconnect the feed after top up.

Any advice appreciated.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Fit a compression tee where the loop connects onto the system and connect a gauge on the branch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back