Pressure keeps on dropping in boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Was wondering if anyone can help me.

My boiler has started to drop pressure very quickly. I've bled all the radiators and charged the boiler up to 1.5 bars. The pressure drops to 0 in about 40 mins if cold.

If have the central heating system on, with all the radiators bled, after a few water top ups, the pressure holds and drops very slowly, around 12 hours to get to 0. If left for a couple of hours the upstair radiators have loads of air in them but downstairs is fine.

I have been told by a British Gas Engineer that it must be a leak for the pressure to drop so quickly. I've had all the floorboards up and can't find a leak. I've traced the pipe work around the house there is only a small section that is under concreate in the Bathroom extension but can't see any visable signs of the wet concreate as I'll chipped some of the motar off the floor tiles.

I've tried two doses for Fernox Superconcentrate Sealer but still have the problem. No water is coming out of the overflow pipe so am pretty stuck as to what the problem might be.

The boiler is an Combi Ideal Europa that was fitted 3.5 years ago when I moved in. Am sure it not the boiler cause no water leaks there and as only as I've got decent pressure the boiler comes on for Central Heating and hot water.

Any help would be appreciated as I think the next step might be ripping up the tiles in the bathroom and possibly get the whole house repiped.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back