Pressure loss on Worcester Bosch 24CDI RSF Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have renewed AAV, PRV and topped up pressure vessel on my combi all in accordance with wiki. No leaks on system. Refilled to 1.5. Now have a pressure loss (although a small amount) through drip on new PRV. from 1.5 down to 1.3 in 7 days.
Hot water Ok and clean water.
Any ideas why pressure loss now.
Advice appreciated.
I am a retired plumbing and heating engineer.

Sponsored Links
Trev, there should be no drip on a PRV no matter how small. This is where you are losing pressure from. You might have got a bit of dirt on the valve seat when fitting it. Best thing to do is open the PRV to let a bit of water out and see if it clears it and that the PRV re-seals correctly.

If it dosen't then will have to strip out and clean the PRV.

Thank you for responding so quickly.
I will try your suggestion, although I would not have expected dirt on the seating during fixing of the PRV, as I did not manipulated the PRV red knob when I installed it.
Pressure as been forced out of the PRV in the first place. Why I wonder?
Not sure how the initial over pressure resulted in actuating the PRV
Perhaps dirt got on when that happened, so your idea will hopefully do the trick re stopping drip and further pressure drop.
Thank you for your advice, it is very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I dont want to count my chickens , but trying your remedy to purge the PRV to clean the seating of dirt seems to have worked. Fingers crossed!!!
Thank you for your help. Much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back