Pressure on Vaillant boiler climbing to 3 bar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Vaillant Turbo Max (824e) boiler and pressure is normally around 1-1.5. I woke up this morning though and radiators were pumping out more heat than I have ever known although 'daytime thermostat setting' meant that they shouldn't have been on; pressure was climbing to 3 bar. I then turned boiler off for a while to allow pressure to decrease and when I switched back on pressure valve continued to climb again....
I have now switched radiators off and just kept hot water on and that seems to have bought the pressure back down to normal.

Any idea whats causing this?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
The expansion vessel needs recharging or replacing.

Recharging it can be a DIYer job but I wouldn't recommend unless you know what you're doing.

To replace it you'd need an RGI as the boiler, or at least the flue, will need to be removed.

You could also add a remote expansion vessel which is a possible DIYer job or a plumber.

If all this has gone over your head you may be better off geting a pro in as it's a relatively simple fault.

Hope this helps
Andy

Thanks for your reply; it did go over my head sadly ;)

Presumably I can wait till Wednesday and I will then call someone to fix it and hope they don't charge me the earth!

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back