Pressure Relief Valve Ports???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can someone help me to identify the ports on my pressure relief vale? (pictured).

I noticed a pipe coming off my pressure relief value (directly behind the pressure gauge in the photo), that runs through my garage and is capped at the other end.

Can anyone tell me what that would be for?

Thanks,
Iain

Sponsored Links
That would be where the relieved pressure escapes.
What do you mean by capped ?

Un cap it, then get a G3 engineer to replace a probably passing prv. P.S. Whoever capped it is a prat.

Sponsored Links
I thought it was a cap, but maybe it releases pressure...would that be water or air?

When I moved in and noticed the pipe in the garage I just assumed it was for an outside tap...but then I noticed it comes off the pressure relief value.

It lets out excessive hot water should there be any. It should not be capped.

thanks for the info all!

so i should just remove the cap and the open pipe running to a drain?

In a previous message in this thread it was suggested that the PRV is probably 'passing' or leaking water, so to fix this problem someone has capped off the pipe which is a very bad thing to do.
So, yes, the cap should be removed and if there is water constantly leaking from the pipe, when the system is at an operating pressure, then the PRV should be replaced.

Are you sure it is capped? Look like compression cap?

Could be a pipe cowl design to direct water onto the wall :idea:

Daniel.

Could well be a PRV elsewhere on system ie: on boiler. :p

Capped PRV on robo kits many a time when installing new boiler that incorporates an integral PRV. :D

Capped PRV on robo kits many a time when installing new boiler that incorporates an integral PRV. :D

But do you run the pipework for it out through a garage and then cap it ?

But do you run the pipework for it out through a garage and then cap it ?

No but the last installer obviously did , I would remove discharge pipe from PRV and cap , if I could remove discharge pipe then it would reside in the scrap bag until further notice. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back