pressure vessel replacement cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi the in-laws have a vaillant ecotec plus 624

They have been told the expansion vessel has gone as a general opinion what would be the supply and fitting costs be on average (Wolverhampton area)? as I think the price quoted is high,

also which vessel would be recommended for a DIY job

Regards

Sponsored Links
Get one that suits your system size. Also I'd you are doing it yourself why is the quote so high?

Sponsored Links
Looking at what the approx going rate is for this job I would say the £600 quote is way way to high???????????

Considering the vessel is about £50ish

You have not given much info!

Who diagnosed the failed EXV ?

What did he charge for diagnosing it?

I charge £84 to visit and diagnose boiler faults in my local area, do you think that is expensive?

Tony

You have not given much info!

Who diagnosed the failed EXV ?

What did he charge for diagnosing it?

I charge £84 to visit and diagnose boiler faults in my local area, do you think that is expensive?

Tony

A local Heating engineer
Think it was £50
No I don't think that's expensive as I see from your profile you are London based and prices vary due to location

All I'm looking for is a approx cost for this job to see if they are being ripped off! as the price is not much more for a new boiler + fitting

If it's just to supply & fit an external vessel then £150-200 should cover it

Did he try to pump up the air in the existing EXV ?

Tony

Well I always try to help a boiler problem over the phone to save them the cost of a visit.

But when I do visit I always try to pump up the EXV with air as in 95% of cases that's all that is required.

Should also be checked on an annual routine service!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back