pressure washer lance trigger faulty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

Bosch Aquatack 1200 plus pressure washer trigger stays on.

have stripped trigger down and can't see how the is supposes to return to the off position.

I assume it returns to the off position using the pressure from the water or does it use a spring (which is what i was expecting) but no spring present

This is a second hand pressure washer so not sure if there should be a spring or not.

Can't find a diagram of the internals of the trigger mechanism, I assume most triggers work/return in the same way.

anyone got any ideas why it is the valve in the trigger is not returning to the off position please.

I have taken the valve apart and it all seems to move freely

thanks d

Sponsored Links
I'm not familiar with the Bosch product but on a typical lance, the pressure produced by the washer is held back until the trigger is pulled, which opens a valve held normally shut by spring pressure. The spring pressure is greater than the pressurised water, I gather.
Seriously, I can't see it working any other way, but it's only what I've found on other machines and of course they only pressurise the water when there is back pressure in the lance.
John :)

thanks burnerman

yeah i was expecting to see a spring of some sort or at least a broken one, ill see what i can get to fit

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back