Pressurised Hot Water Cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening All,

I own an old Victorian property that we have converted into a B & B. Currently we have two ensuing bathrooms and a family bathroom. One ensuit has a pump supported mixer shower and the other is gravity feed mixer shower.The family bathroom is also fitted with a pump on the mixer shower. To make things even worse, We are currently renovating the final bedroom and installing a new ensuit.

To help make the whole property more practical with regards to water supply to all the bathrooms, we are currently thinking about changing out the standard hot water tank for a pressurised system. Hopefully this will take away the issue of having so many pumps as well as running out of cold water from the storage tank.

What I'm looking for advice on is the rough volume of the cylinder we would need to accommodate our property, how much a project like this would cost and is it the best option to go with a pressurised system?

Sorry for all the initial questions but I'm keen to understand the basics before getting a plumber in to quote the job.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Sponsored Links
Before you get into specifying a cylinder you need to know what the performance of your incoming main is like....flow rate and pressure. You can't get more out than you put in and if your mains can't cope with running three or four bathrooms at the same time and a kitchen as well then that needs to be addressed first. There are ways of dealing with inadequate mains performance of it turns out to be an issue, but the reasons need to be fully understood first.

As for likely cost, there are so many variables here that it's impossible to be more accurate than "some thousands". To get best performance might, for example, require a new boiler as well as a new cylinder, or it might not, and you might need a break tank and pump set or you might not. I think probably not less than £2000 and not more than £18,000 is as accurate as I can be without a site survey

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back