Pressurised water cylinder - water coming from overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I had a pressurised water system fitted in my house last September. Today there is a small amount of water coming from the overflow pipe on the outside wall of the house.

When I look at the water cylinder in the house, the pipe coming from near the top of the cylinder that has a air gap, then a larger pipe to the outside, has a very slow drip.

I think this mean the cylinder has over heated? To be on the safe side, I've turned off the heating element supply and will call the plumber tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm if it has probably over heated, or whether its normal for this to occasionally happen?

Thanks
Tim

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
That will depend on the mains pressure, the pressure reducing valve setting and the whether or not you have an internal air bubble (instructions normally on the cylinder) or the an expansion vessel.

this should really be done by someone holding the relevant certificate just in case your house explodes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back