Pressurised Water system problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have an oil fired pressurized water system.

When I moved into the house it took us ages to work out how the system was wired.

We eventually worked out that the HW button on the timer switched the heat on downstairs and the CH button switched the heat on upstairs.

Also, there is a cupboard upstairs with a radiator that is always on. (I think this is referred to as the overflow?)

However a few weeks ago we couldn't get any heat in the radiators upstairs at all.

I bled all the radiators upstairs and they were perfect-no air at all.

I eventually worked out that the motorized valve had gone and replaced it. Now the heat works upstairs whenever we switch it on and everything is as normal EXCEPT one thing.

The 'overflow' radiator never comes on now unless we have the heat on and it is having a real effect on the heat of the upstairs. Just having that one radiator on all the time used to keep everyone warm at night and my wife loved it for getting clothes dried etc.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

I don't know all the terms to use so please go easy. It sounds like an insignificant problem but it really was so much better the way it was before.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back