Presumption

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As you know, I retrained as a plumber at the lowest of levels. But I can't do your job. Nor can I do the job of a spark, groundsman, soldier, decorator, spread, bricklayer, lawyer, accountant etc.

There's stuff that you just know without thinking.

So what makes you think that you can do mine or have the right to tell me how to do it? :confused:

Moreover, who are you to judge me over my pay/pension disputes?

Sponsored Links
Worked with a chap once who was at uni doing his teacher degree.
Woodwork teaching or summat else they call it now.

He told me he would be earning £18k when he started his first job and with professional development over 4 years would end up with £28k.
Plus inflationary pay rises on top of that.

Told him he wasn't worth that kind of pay.
He wasn't too amused. :LOL:

A teachers pay comes from the productive side of society. The side that creates the wealth for the country.
Surely that side has a right to judge?
And of course some of it is borrowed because we are broke.

As you know, I retrained as a plumber at the lowest of levels. But I can't do your job. Nor can I do the job of a spark, groundsman, soldier, decorator, spread, bricklayer, lawyer, accountant etc.

There's stuff that you just know without thinking.

So what makes you think that you can do mine or have the right to tell me how to do it? :confused:

and your point is? You are a failed Plumber? and stayed teaching maths.
Who is telling you that can't do you job and judging you over your pay etc ?

Yes, what brought than on, Dex?

Incidentally, I know that there are good and bad teachers, like just about every other type of employment.

Sponsored Links
Since all public sector pensions are payable in some part by the taxpayer, I would presume that any taxpayer can then make comment on them.

Or are we saying that only those in the relevant profession can do so?

Since all public sector pensions are payable in some part by the taxpayer, I would presume that any taxpayer can then make comment on them.

I now work for the NHS as a Health Care Assistant,, would you care to comment on the value of my work? ;) ;) (or put another way, would you want to be spat at, swore at, pinched, scratched , bit, punched, kicked, and endure the sort of abuse us lot in the NHS have to put up with on a daily basis? ) ;) ;)

I was responding to the above part of the relevant post and not making comment on judging how capable people are at their jobs or what value they have.

Whilst I disagree with much of the misinformation bandied about in respect of public sector pay and pensions, I maintain that any taxpayer ought to be able to make comment.

This thread follows from points/comments made regarding potential strike actions in which a fair few people seem to think that teachers are on a jolly with marvellous working conditions/holidays and a somewhat generous pension deal.

Those doctors need reporting Jockscot. :mrgreen:

This thread follows from points/comments made regarding potential strike actions in which a fair few people seem to think that teachers are on a jolly with marvellous working conditions/holidays and a somewhat generous pension deal.

I was unaware of the former thread so thanks for the update.

FWIW, joe public in general haven't got a fecking clue about precisely what the pay/pensions set-up is for the public sector services. This is due almost entirely to (a) media spin feeding them bulls*it AND (b) Trades Unions and Staff Associations failing to make their points properly

What's need actually is MORE comment from joe public so they can be given the hard FACTS and not some boll&*^s about gold-plating.

Just IMHO anyhow...

B

Sponsored Links
Back