Price for new boiler install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im going conventional to combi.

Will need new 22mm gas pipe easy 3 meter run im told?

bricking up old vent hole.

my existing boiler is a Gloworm mk50, with hot water tank and CH cold feed tank open vent system.

Im just looking for labour costs, what the rough price for such a job.

Sponsored Links
Lots, and unless you come here with a crazy low, or crazy high estimate we have no way of telling what something will cost.

Asking for a labour only figure just screams "tight ass on google" anyway.

Sponsored Links
Labour costs depend on which part of the country you're in, and how much work is involved. The latter can only be established by a site survey

Manchester is a place with many short of work, some working on the side and others claiming benefits who will do anything for £100 a day.

If you moved to London then I would typically charge about £1040 for what is likely to be needed.

That includes up-grading up to 3 m of gas supply pipe.

Tony

So about 1k tops down south in pansy land, and a tad less for us northerners.. I was thinking around the 700 pound mark..

The job doesn't look that hard.. Unless your a southerner.. Then you will be paying extra for all the bull and whining cos he's got his hands dirty. :cry: or broke a nail.. :ROFLMAO:

Lots, and unless you come here with a crazy low, or crazy high estimate we have no way of telling what something will cost.

Asking for a labour only figure just screams "tight ass on google" anyway.

I'd rather buy my own bits so the installer don't put extra on.. Plus I can get the spec I want and not cheap ass boilers that they supply.. And put mark up on parts etc..

god forbid a buisness makes a profit...fooking rip off merchants......you might have trouble finding someone to fit gear you supply as they most likely have more profitable jobs to get on with, plus your on your own if anything goes wrong as they wouldn't have supplied it, if there is a fault out of the box (which happens) or something missing you will have to pay more labour for the fooking about.

If someone rings me and asks how much to fit a boiler they supply i tell them straight up i'm not interested in doing the job.

good luck.

god forbid a buisness makes a profit...fooking rip off merchants......you might have trouble finding someone to fit gear you supply as they most likely have more profitable jobs to get on with, plus your on your own if anything goes wrong as they wouldn't have supplied it, if there is a fault out of the box
(which happens) or something missing you will have to pay more labour for the fooking about.

If someone rings me and asks how much to fit a boiler they supply i tell them straight up i'm not interested in doing the job.

Profit on the parts? Definitely rip of merchants.. I pay the for there experience and labour.. Any one making profits on parts I stay away from.. Im afraid...

What's the difference from me buying the parts from the supplier and the gas installer buying them? Comes with the same guarantees etc

Because many look up prices on the internet etc. I always quote a transparent price for installing boilers.

I am happy to fit customer supplied boilers as long as they are in their original box and not previously used.

But since legally the supplier is responsible for warranties etc. if the customer does decide to supply them then I do not get involved with any warranty claims as I would if I had supplied it.

Tony

Of course if the parts were 2nd hand or used/opened box's I don't blame you for staying well clear.. I'd do the same... But for example, what's wrong with me choosing what parts I want, eg. Boiler, thermostat, timer etc and then if it makes you feel better you order them. I don't know where you guys get your stuff from, but plumb nation has some competitive prices..among others?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back