Price of a heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok one for the heating engineers out there.
I'm looking at redoing the heating on my parents house, the present system is probably over 20 years old and only covers downstairs so I want to put heating upstairs as well.It's a two bed semi by the way.
I've had one quote which includes a worcester 28i boiler with remote sat , 7 rads and towel rail plus some additional pipework to relocate the boiler and lay in a point for a cooker. This came in at £3450 which I felt wasn't too bad but thought for peace of mind I'd ask what others felt.

Sponsored Links
Assuming the price includes VAT, sounds about OK. I would prefer the Vailant 831/Viessmann 30kw combo's myself. (all are Germanic...) AVOID eye tie appliances.

Others will shoot me down, and add their preferences. Arguably now is the time to get the living/sleeping areas zoned separately, and get the system thoroughly flushed and treated with inhibitor. Magnetic filter and if a hard water area scale reducer.

By the way, combi boilers are not the only answer to hot-water/heating and an unvented cylinder maybe (albeit dearer) another option.

Usual advice, get three quotes, look towards the middle. Local reputation and willingness to service appliance & system annually important too.

probably depends on area greatly too
friend had several quotes for
combi bolier 6 rads two bed semi some pipework alteration nothing serious
average £5,500

sussex S/E

probably depends on area greatly too
friend had several quotes for
combi bolier 6 rads two bed semi some pipework alteration nothing serious
average £5,500

sussex S/E

someones having a laugh.
£1500 will cover materials.
any plumber will do it for 2k labour/

Sponsored Links
A good boiler, and materials is going to cost a lot more than £1500. including VAT :LOL: :LOL:

Just so you know i dont think you can adjust the water temp on the boiler this was an issue for a client of mine!

A good boiler, and materials is going to cost a lot more than £1500. including VAT :LOL: :LOL:

Do you agree though- £5500 is a 'tad '''''bit'''''' over the top ?. For a 2 bed semi .?

Indeed I do think he is taking the P, and £3500.00 would be a much more realistic average.

Anyway it's next to impossible to know how long the string is so it's pointless discussing prices without seeing the job.

Ok an update now that it has all been fitted.
In the end we opted for a Worcester 30i as it had a longer warrenty period and I don't mind a having a boiler that won't really be working flat out. We also opted for a roof vent rather than venting through the wall (really this discision was to give us more space in the kitchen). So that and seven rads and a couple of little things like a blank gas feed to the kitchen and an outside water tap gave us a total bill (with a bit of haggling) of £3780 which we are very pleased with.

That's pretty much in line with what I paid recently.
I have four bedrooms, house is upstairs and downstairs with concrete floors downstairs.
I got a Worcester 30CDi and 8 Purmo rads for a very similar price.
I think you did well.

What the heck is a Worcester 30i or have I lost the plot.

Is there more digits at the front of the 30

Very probably I'm missing a couple of digits :oops: but I think a heating engineer would know what I'm talking about .

Very probably I'm missing a couple of digits :oops: but I think a heating engineer would know what I'm talking about .

A heating engineer asked the question. :LOL:

Not heard of a WB 30i, and perhaps more to the point have no record of a 30i

Sponsored Links
Back