price of topsoil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what has happened to the price of topsoil,the cheapest quote i can get is £75 for a 1000kg bag is there anyone in fife know of anywhere I can get it cheaper.

Sponsored Links
Does seem a lot to pay to import someone else's diseases.

I bought a bag at Beatson's in Dunfermline only a few weeks ago for about £25 (can't remember exactly). If you haven't a small truck or whatever I think they also charge about £7 for delivery unless you're buying a few more items. Very little in the way of weeds or stones in my bag.

If you want a few tons there are a few places around which will deliver by tractor and trailer for less than £20/ton depending on quantity but this is very much hit or miss on quality.

I think your £75 bag is proper graded sterilised soil which IMHO is a waste of time unless you're relaying Wimbledon.

Haven't been thro to beatsons yard but am sure I tried their website , I will try the yard at the weekend.I have never seen anyone selling topsoil for £20 though, If you know of any telephone numbers I would be grateful.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried E-bay?

So many people who dig ponds advertise on there for you to bag up and collect. Better for them than paying for a skip.

Yes I go into E-bay frequently,there isn't anything in my area

Or try your local Freecycle or realcycle group where you may even get it for free.
You might have to do the digging & collecting though :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back