Price per linear m for fascia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, i have been told that the job i am working on is being wrapped early for christmas. I have been offered the oppurtunity to stay on and give a price for the painting of 2 coats of undercoat and white gloss finish to the fascias and rafter feet, as it is an open soffit. I used to decorate for a living a long long time ago. the wood is primed but not filled, Please can you tell me what the going rate for this work would be? the customer is supplying the materials, so its labour only, it is all single storey level. albeit the site floor is muddy, so this will hinder me a little. i just wondered if there is a standard trade rule of thumb price per m.

thanks in advance

Steve

facebook.com/ctbmaterials

Sponsored Links
Everyone goes at different speeds. It would be better to work on a day rate i think.

Everyone goes at different speeds. It would be better to work on a day rate i think.

Hi, Robbie they are not interested in day work anymore on this job, they are putting everything to price, so i have got to give them a figure, i can assess how long it will take but when i used to do the banks, we had a rates list, that we priced with. it kind of helps you double check your figures.
regards

Just stick a price in that you are happy with. How can we do it for you when we can't even see the job?

Sponsored Links
The original question was " is there a price per linear meter for fascia" I never asked anyone to price it for me :evil: . I was just asking any decorators that work to a bill of rates in their daily workplace that is up to date. regards

Just stick a price in that you are happy with. How can we do it for you when we can't even see the job?

If you can't price it yourself don't put a price in. FFS - you need a mother. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

a few years ago (4-5) i painted outsides for a housing association and their price was £3.50 per LM. this was labour only as they supplied the paint. but i have to agree with the other posters that you have to come up with a price that you feel happy with. nobody here knows your overheads or how much you value your time.

Hi guys, i have been told that the job i am working on is being wrapped early for christmas. I have been offered the oppurtunity to stay on and give a price for the painting of 2 coats of undercoat and white gloss finish to the fascias and rafter feet, as it is an open soffit. I used to decorate for a living a long long time ago. the wood is primed but not filled, Please can you tell me what the going rate for this work would be? the customer is supplying the materials, so its labour only, it is all single storey level. albeit the site floor is muddy, so this will hinder me a little. i just wondered if there is a standard trade rule of thumb price per m.

thanks in advance

Steve

facebook.com/ctbmaterials

There really is no rule of thumb with regard to the pricing of any works to be undertaken, both rates for the area of which you reside and the amount of prep that is needed to complete the works will be the guiding factors.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back