price per sq meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi again i went to see a job today and it very big job and hope someone can help me out here the job it one coat of cement and then plaster onto one coat of cement? not done this before have anyone of you done it? i would thought one coat rough then other coat then file it down flat then plaster it? wonder how much would you charge to do this per sq meter? or better to do it day work price? after seeing the job it will take about 2 month to do it with a gangs of 5 of us but we only done small job never this size before

Sponsored Links
I don't think you know what you're getting into here. If i read you correctly, you're talking two coat cement render,, with plaster finishing coat, (a lot of work overall). You said you have not done this kind of work before, and have also only done small jobs in the past.

You make it sound so easy when you say, put one render coat on rough, and then put on second coat, "file it" down flat :confused: , and then plaster on top, to finish.

You estimate it will take you're gang of 5,, "two months" to complete the job. That is some job for a squad who don't really know what they're doing,, and don't know how, or what to charge. I would say with all due respect, that this job sound to me, to be way out of you're depth. I don't know what you're capabilities are, and i'm not meaning to put you down, but if you have only been used to doing skimming, or small jobs,, forget this one, and let others more knowledgeable do the job.

Roughcaster.

well i went to see the fella and that what he want one coat onto block file down and then plaster it and i am a plaster who been doing this for 10 year now but not on big job like this before i know i can do this job but price i got no idea? that what i trying to find out some say 50 pound a sq meter which i think it too much at he will get all the suff in only me and my gangs just turn up and render it and plaster it. i think i better off doing day work price but feel i will miss out on more money if i do it this way anyway cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back