Price per square meter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Just wondering what the going rate per m2 for tiling is?

The walls are already dry lined, and the tiles are (I think) 12" X 7" or 12" X 8". - one of them. The tiles aren't porcelain.

It is a whole bathroom so there will be many cuts around the door and window. (don't know if that information is necessary)

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Prices vary from place to place , time to time, but of course nobody would or should give a price without looking at the job and condition of walls and floor first, but saying that, approx £20 per m2 plus materials for ceramic tiles in an ordinary stacked pattern should,nt be far away. If it is natural stones or mosaic etc, the price can easily DOUBLE. Some tilers do still do it the old fashioned way and charge a daily rate no matter what the tile is ( obviously stones and mosaic take a lot more time/more money)

hope this helps:cool: :cool:

So do you mean that's £20 per square meter just for the labour alone, not including the tiles?

Just get a couple of quotes. Internet quoting is just plain silly.

Sponsored Links
So do you mean that's £20 per square meter just for the labour alone, not including the tiles?
For a decent tiler that would be quiet cheap IMO, between £25-£45 sq/m + materials depending on tiles & individual circumstances; as joe said, get some quotes. Be carefull making your choice, get references & look at previous work if you can; it may come as a surprise to you but not all "tilers" can actually tile! :eek:

Thanks guys but I don't need the work doing, I'm doing it for someone else but don't know what to charge!

I will go with £30 psm, thanks :)

Haven't been on any courses or anything but I do it in work and picked it up pretty quickly!

I'm really not one to leave bodge jobs :)

£30 per sqm labour only.........seems a bit high for a tiler with little experience.

the customer would never know what experience youve got...... unless the job went ...... up!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back