Prima LPR600 Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a LPR600 Dishwasher and the water will not heat up on a wash cycle - it is stone cold.

Any help will be appriciated on what to do or repair ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
An error code is generated to assist faultfinding. This is manifested by a repeated series of flashes on the start LED (unless your machine has a display in which case the relevant fault code is displayed).
A repeated pattern of 1 flash with a 1 second pause (F1) would indicate NTC temperature sensor failure.
A repeated pattern of 3 flashes with a 1 second pause (F3) can indicate a fault on one of the following: heater element - pcb - break in wiring - or NTC resistance fluctuation. If you require further information post the machine service number. You will find it inside the door lip. It should look something like this: 8545 600 15810. Good luck :D

Hi Zipper,

Thanks for you help. I have ran the diagnostics and it's as you said:
"A repeated pattern of 1 flash with a 1 second pause (F1) would indicate NTC temperature sensor failure"

The machine service number : 8545 600 15810 as you stated.

Is it worth repairing and how much should I be paying ?

Can I do the repair my self ?

Best place for spares?

thanks in advance for all your help.

You could change the NTC yourself. Remember to unplug the machine & turn off the water supply before attempting any repair :eek:
I would however advise you to check a couple of things before you rush out to buy a new NTC. Here's how you do it:
Lie the dishwasher on its back & remove the bottom plate (2 screws & 2 plastic clips). This will give you easy access to most internal components. The NTC is a probe with 2 wires attached. It sits in a black rubber hose immediately after the heater element. Remove the plug & pull out the NTC. If you have a digital multimeter you can check the NTC resistance. A "good" NTC should measure around 58k ohm at room temp. When warmed to 85C the resistance should drop to around 8k ohm. If it does not do this the NTC is defective. A bad connection on the NTC, PCB, or a break anywhere in the wiring between the two could also result in a F1 error.
I am inclined to believe the NTC sensor is your problem; but be aware fault codes are only a guide, often it is a process of trial and error.
The original Whirlpool NTC part number for your machine is: 481228268035.
You can get one from these chaps or google it yourself: http://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/Dishwasher+Parts/Whirlpool/Thermostats+and+Thermistors+NTC.htm
Let me know if you need further assistance :D

Sponsored Links
Hi Again,

After I ran the diagnostic test the dish washer is now in the diagnostic mode with the fault light flashing. when you close the door it goes into rinse mode. I have also switched off power for 20+mins.

How do I reset the Dish Washer ?

I have an engineer dropping in for a free quote .

Zipper, when engineer confirms the fault and if he asks too much for the repair, I will have a go!

thanks for the advice again

Press and hold the start button in until the program is canceled.

Hi,
Saw your post on the above dishwasher. Am having trouble but have no manual - how did you run the diagnostic and how much did the replacement temp sensor cost you?
I've already spent £100 on new element!
Thanks for your help!

Hi Zipper,

Thanks for you help. I have ran the diagnostics and it's as you said:
"A repeated pattern of 1 flash with a 1 second pause (F1) would indicate NTC temperature sensor failure"

The machine service number : 8545 600 15810 as you stated.

Is it worth repairing and how much should I be paying ?

Can I do the repair my self ?

Best place for spares?

thanks in advance for all your help.

Make sure the appliance is empty of water before running diagnostics. As the machine does not pump out before starting to fill you could risk overfilling. Open the door and set the program to the first program. (Normally rinse). Turn the power off. Press and hold the start button and while holding turn the power on. After a few seconds the start button will flash. Release the button. Press the start button once and close the dishwasher door. The machine will now run through a diagnostic routine. If memory serves me right it takes about 20mins. The machine will stop during diagnostics if an error is found and will display the error code. If no error is found it will complete the diagnostics and end the program. To exit diagnostics at any time just press and hold the start button till the program is canceled.

Hi,

It cost £30 from a local Washing machine engineer. Working fine now.

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back