Primatic Cylinder..hot water slower heating than before

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a primatic system consisting of a potterton myson boiler, pumped ch and gravity hot water. I had to add a radiator and replaced a faulty pump and sticking anti gravity valve. I also flushed the sysytem. All radiators now get very hot within 20 mins.

However, the water heating which only has a short run in wide pipes to the tank now seems to take much longer to get hot even if the ch is turned off (although it does get there in the end!).

This time we drained and filled the system without opening the hot water taps at the same time. (Also occasional loud 'gluging' noises now occasionally come from the primatic tank when the pump turns off. ) Any ideas? Is there a special routine for the order of fill / drain etc.

Any ideas appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Probable slight airlock , even primatics can be boiled up to remove it.
Way of boiling is to turn HW only on and remove boiler stat from pocket for short periods till it boils up and pushes air out the way.

The only way to fill a primatic is slowly with the taps open.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back