Primed wood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping there is a substance or method of getting primer out of wood. I am staining my skirting boards having stripped them, HOWEVER on section has primer ingrained ( :rolleyes: ) in it. I can't remove the section and put new skirting up. I suspect the primer has been there some years.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
To be honest if the primer has soaked in a lot, without loads of sanding your snookered. However if you are staining with a dark stain you might have a chance. If you want pine then i think its a no no! :confused:

To be honest if the primer has soaked in a lot, without loads of sanding your snookered. However if you are staining with a dark stain you might have a chance. If you want pine then i think its a no no! :confused:

Luckily it will be 'oak' coloured so I should be ok, with some sanding thrown in to give me a chance, cheers anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back