Primer requried on wall with wall paper now stripped?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will be re-wallpapering two feature walls in my house. The walls are plasterboard and the old wall paper came off really well (thankfully!)

The first room paper mostly peeled off in one and the parts left came of easily enough with a damp sponge and gentle scraping. The second room paper front pattern tore off from the back paper but again that came off easily enough with a brief moistening and scraping.

The old paste has been removed with a sugar soap solution soak then wiped down with a soapy bucket water/cloth.

The walls are were already painted behind the old paper and I assume sealed well as the paper came off without too much hassle - My question is, do I now need to a primer/sealer to the walls or can I paste up new paper as they are?

There are lots of different view from my searches so interested on people opinion here.

Sponsored Links
Sizing wouldn't do any harm (look it up)....it makes all papering easier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back