Printed Circuit Board.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, do any of you know if P.C. boards can be repaired, it's on a hot tub. I know this may not be in the right place but as boilers have them, was hoping to get an answer from here. I have searched the net and no joy, the board is no longer made. Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
Hi all, do any of you know if P.C. boards can be repaired, it's on a hot tub. I know this may not be in the right place but as boilers have them, was hoping to get an answer from here. I have searched the net and no joy, the board is no longer made. Thanks for your time.

I have been repairing electronic PCB`s from TV to boilers to ECU`s for the last 15 years. They can be repaired as long you can identify the components if they have burnt out.

What problems do you have?

Hi thanks for your reply. The problem is that the new water heater doe's not work, it has in the past. Had an electrician to look at it and said that power was not getting to the heater, all pumps, booster, and lights work. Thanks.
He did point out a small black box shape unit as the problem.

If it's a relay then they are normally a standard size so you should be able find a replacement. Are there any markings on it?

Sponsored Links
The hot tub belongs to a friend so cannot look at it, but do have photo's of board and it appears there are markings but unable to read. But will get info tomorrow. He is definatley looking for a repair. View media item 34489

It's not obvious if you're wanting to know how to repair it or just if it is repairable.

If it's the latter then I would say yes, probably, if it is just the relay.
The 3 in the picture look standard, and relays are known to fail for no good reason, and they don't usualy wreck the rest of the board when they do fail.

It's not obvious if you're wanting to know how to repair it or just if it is repairable.

If it's the latter then I would say yes, probably, if it is just the relay.
The 3 in the picture look standard, and relays are known to fail for no good reason, and they don't usualy wreck the rest of the board when they do fail.
Wanting to know if repairable and looking for someone to do it.

Its far easier to identify the fault on the appliance and then trace it to the appropriate part of the PCB.

When higher currents are carried the relay contacts eventually get burnt and high resistance. Changing then is fairly easy.

Tony

Where abouts are you buildersbutt? I am in Lancashire and would take a look at the job if you where within range.

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back