Printer and Lan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a brother printer which has both USB and LAN connection. USB is OK but the LAN will only work with lap top with a wireless connection the other 2 PC's will not work. I can assess Lap top from either other two PC's and every one has WORKGROUP as network name. I have swapped cables from hub to router and I have tried re-installing software.

Had the Lap top not worked I would have blamed printer but since lap top works the connection between router and printer must be sound.

Any ideas of what to try. If I can get one more PC to work I am OK as can use USB for other.

One PC I can't re-install software as always reports no room on hard drive. The software just does not see hard drive and reports 0 space.

Today restarted and removed all LAN printer software and moved both PC LAN cables direct to Router with Printer LAN cable nothing.

Removed Hub LAN cable and printer works. But now LAN hard drive has refused to allow LAN access except for when using the "Freecom Network Storage Assistance" it works A1 with USB but not with LAN.

When first setting up the Hard drive I found I needed to manually set the IP address to same as router. I think I made a mistake with Sub Net Mask and set to 255.255.0.0 instead of 255.255.255.0 on changing this on my hard drive I was able to access hard drive again.

So seems problem solved. I hope this helps anyone else with same problem. Now must write 100 lines "I must pay attention in Cisco Systems class".

Sponsored Links
Back